Let Property Campaign

The Let Property Campaign gives you an opportunity to bring your tax affairs up to date if you’re an individual landlord letting out residential property in the UK or abroad and to get the best possible terms to pay the tax you owe.

If you owe tax on your letting income you’ll need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about the income you haven’t declared by making a voluntary disclosure.

To get the best possible terms, you must tell HMRC that you wish to take part. You’ll then have 90 days to calculate and pay what you owe.

Who can do this

You can report previously undisclosed taxes on rental income to HMRC under the Let Property Campaign if you’re an individual landlord renting out residential property.

This includes you if you’re:

  • • renting out a single property
  • • renting out multiple properties
  • • a specialist landlord, eg student or workforce rentals
  • • renting out a room in your main home for more than the Rent a Room Scheme threshold
  • • living abroad and renting out a property in the UK
  • • living in the UK and renting a property abroad
  • • renting out a holiday home even if you use it yourself

You can’t use this scheme to declare undisclosed income if you’re a company or a trust renting out residential property or if you’re renting out commercial property.

If you aren’t sure whether you need to disclose unpaid taxes under this campaign you can contact us to help you make the right decision about the action you need to take. Our team of experts will be able to assist you as how best to approach HMRC.